THS baseball falls, 11-4, to Bobcats
Tonganoxie High’s baseball team dropped to 0-6 on the season with an 11-4 home loss to Basehor-Linwood on Thursday.
The Chieftains actually scored all four of their runs in the first inning at Leavenworth County Fairgrounds before the Bobcats (3-2) pulled away, thanks in large part to an eight-run fourth.
Dylan Caywood, Ben Williams, Dylan Puhr and Brandon Yoder scored Tonganoxie’s four runs.
Williams, who went 2-for-3 with a double, was the only THS player with more than one hit and he drove in two runs.
Seven other players — Caywood, Puhr, Yoder, Ethan Lorance, Dalton Harrington, Jeremy Wagner and Austin Hrabe — had one hit apiece as Tonganoxie finished with nine as a team, just one behind Basehor’s total of 10.
The Chieftains will attempt to get their first win of the season Tuesday, when they travel to Turner, in Kansas City, Kan., for a 5 p.m. Kaw Valley League game.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate can't pass tax plan, despite looming threats
- Lawmakers advance abortion, election law tweaks on 100th day
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Tonganoxie free community fitness program attracts nearly 90 at first official session