Everyone is invited to enjoy a free Spring Concert performed by the University of Saint Mary Community Band and String Ensemble at 7:30 p.m. today in the Saint Joseph Dining Hall on the USM campus in Leavenworth.
• Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative will have its annual meeting at 7 p.m. tonight in the McLouth High School Theater Auditorium. This meeting includes the election of three board members, reviewing 2009 cooperative business, and information regarding the recently approved rate changes.
• McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• You have an opportunity to donate blood at a blood drive from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 30, at the dining area of Henri Masonic Lodge 190, 311 S. Delaware in Tonganoxie. For more information, call Dave Kinzie at (913) 351-3636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jefferson County Historical Society at Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa is the official repository of Jefferson County records, the Jefferson County Genealogical Society and research activities. Historical structures from around the county, including a blacksmith shop, jail, general store, chapel, school house, Victorian home and the John Steuart Curry boyhood home and museum have been moved onto the 10-acre park. Many events are planned throughout the calendar year. Old Jefferson Town is one block south of the U.S. Highway 59 and Kansas Highway 92 junction in Oskaloosa and will be open weekend afternoons May through September.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935
More like this story
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences
- Technology award for Tonganoxie Community Historical Society
- Library to honor retiring Morey next week
- Retirement recognition in Tonganoxie USD 464
- Tonganoxie High earns national recognition for athletic training work