Board makes 41 cuts to supplemental spots
The Tonganoxie School District will have 41 fewer coaching and activity sponsor positions for the 2010-11 school year.
The school board unanimously approved Superintendent Kyle Hayden’s proposal for supplemental contracts at the April 12 meeting. Though roughly 100 positions were retained, totaling nearly $270,000 in pay for the upcoming school year, the 41 cuts are to save the district nearly $70,000 for the next school year. Several assistant coaching positions at the high school and middle school were eliminated, as well as class sponsor positions and other supplemental positions. Employees themselves who will not be retained for supplemental positions will be determined in June, Hayden said.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits