Leavenworth County Commission to set priorities
Leavenworth County Commissioners answered questions and listened to comments from about 10 area residents Thursday evening at the Tonganoxie VFW Post on such topics as animal control and the county budget.
In anticipation of a tight budget, county department heads are being asked to prepare budgets that reduce spending by 5 and 10 percent, the commissioners said.
The commission will take a first step toward crafting its 2011 budget with a priority-setting session Monday morning.
Look for more on the meeting here or in the newspaper Tuesday.
More like this story
- Wichita School District to use bus drivers as custodians
- Kansas university finds creative way to test drones outside
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy