Sean Ryan Memorial Classic back for a fifth year
The fifth annual Sean Ryan Memorial Flag Football Classic will take place Saturday, June 12, at Lansing Middle School.
Cost for the six-on-six tournament is $20 per player and includes a T-shirt. Registration closes June 7.
For more information, contact Kyle Deere at (913) 775-3492 or Blake Deere at (913) 683-4614.
Ryan was a 2003 graduate of Lansing High School who was killed in an automobile accident in 2006. Friends started the flag football tournament that summer to keep his memory alive. Proceeds from the tournament go to the Sean Ryan Scholarship Fund. The scholarship is presented to a senior Lansing High School football player.
The tournament has drawn players from Lansing, Leavenworth, Tonganoxie, Basehor, Bonner Springs and Lawrence in recent years.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?