‘Part-time cowboy’ to speak at Tonganoxie Historical Society meeting
Charley Green, an author, entertainer and self-described part-time cowboy, will speak about Will Rogers at 7 p.m. on Aug. 24 at the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society, 201 W. Washington Street.
Green is a bit of an expert on Rogers and he will share many of Rogers’ timeless quotes and even throw in a couple of his own stories, as well as sing a song or two and share some “cowboy poetry.”
The public is invited to attend. Admission is free.
More like this story
- Mirror recieves Kansas Press Association awards for its 2014 work
- Tonganoxie High volleyball team starts another winning streak
- Sand volleyball tourney Saturday in Tonganoxie
- Showcase of sunflowers at Grinter Farms near Tonganoxie should be in peak bloom in coming days
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school