Work on U.S. 24-40 to begin Monday
A pavement repair project is slated to begin Monday on U.S. Highway 24-40 from the Kansas Highway 16/U.S. 24-40 junction in Tonganoxie east to the Leavenworth/Wyandotte County line. Crews will first complete pavement repairs, then apply an overlay to the entire roadway surface. Work will take place daily between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.
Both eastbound and westbound U.S. 24-40 will be reduced to one lane intermittently. The speed limit will be restricted to 55 mph throughout the project work zone. Drivers should expect minor delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes, if possible. Updated daily lane closure information for this pavement repair project can be viewed online at: ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.
APAC, Inc.-Kansas City Division is the primary contractor on this pavement repair project with a total contract cost of $2.17 million. The scheduled completion date for the entire project is early fall.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament