Local businesses having First Thursday tonight downtown; street to be blocked off for event
There will be a block party of sorts tonight in the 600 block of Fourth Street.
The event is to be from 6:30-8 p.m. downtown.
Businesses H. Ave., The Coffee Depot and Vintage Soap and Bath spearheaded the event, which will be known as First Thursdays — various businesses will be open late on the first Thursday of each month, though some businesses already stay open every Thursday night.
For tonight, the businesses have worked with the police department to block off Fourth Street from Delaware Street to Main Street. The band The F Holes will be performing tonight. One of the organizers, The Coffee Depot’s Dave “Davo” Howe, said they would try to secure a band for each First Thursday if possible. He said businesses would be offering specials tonight.
“It’s a joint effort,” Howe said. “We’re trying to get things rolling down here.”
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again