Tonganoxie woman injured in early-morning accident on I-435 in Shawnee
A 20-year-old Tonganoxie woman was injured Friday morning in a rollover wreck on Interstate 435 in Shawnee, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Samantha M. Franiuk was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center after her northbound vehicle drifted off the right side of the road about 7 a.m. The car then went through a grassy area and then struck an embankment at the entrance ramp of Shawnee Mission Parkway.
The 2003 Volkswagen car then rolled one time and came to rest on its wheels. Franiuk was wearing her seat belt, according to the accident report.
A hospital spokeswoman Friday afternoon said Franiuk was treated in the emergency room and later released.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students
- Tonganoxie senior earns K-State's Putnam Scholarship
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Tonganoxie Middle School's Harrell named Kansas teacher of year
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college