‘Will Rogers of the Plains’ to speak at historical site
Charley Green, known as the “Will Rogers of the Plains,” will speak at the monthly Tonganoxie Community Historical Society meeting, which starts at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the historic site, 201 W. Washington St.
Green, who is an author, entertainer and part-time cowboy, will share timeless quotes from Rogers that appropriate with today’s political, economical and foreign policy events, as well as his own stories, songs and poetry.
More like this story
- 'Part-time cowboy' to speak at Tonganoxie Historical Society meeting
- 'Fallacy of Truth' author speaks at historical meeting
- Leavenworth Army Frontier Museum official to speak at Tuesday's historical society meeting
- Historical society plans meeting
- 'Remembering Tonganoxie' program to be presented tonight