Ramp work expected this weekend at I-70 and I-435
Road projects scheduled for this weekend could cause some headaches for drivers at one of the busiest interstate highway interchanges in Wyandotte County.
The Kansas Department of Transportation says that, weather permitting, on Friday and Saturday, Aug. 20-21, traffic changes are scheduled to occur on the Interstate 70 reconstruction project in Kansas City, Kan.
On Friday, ramps from northbound Interstate 435 to westbound I-70 and from westbound I-70 to southbound I-435 will be closed for milling work. The ramp closures will begin about 9 a.m. and are scheduled to reopen to all traffic at 3:30 p.m. Friday.
Late Saturday evening, the ramp from westbound I-70 to northbound I-435 will be reopened to all traffic.
While the milling work on the ramps is taking place, drivers should expect minor delays and must use alternate routes. No marked detours will be provided.
The entire I-70 reconstruction project is scheduled to be completed by Saturday, Aug. 28, weather permitting.
More like this story
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Summer Spray 5K comes July 18 to Tonganoxie
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tonganoxie celebrates new Good Shepherd building
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie