Overnight I-70 pavement project completed; eastbound lanes open
An overnight pavement-replacement project that unexpectedly carried into the daylight hours today on Interstate 70 in Wyandotte County is now completed.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said eastbound Interstate 70 was reduced to one lane from the Turner Diagonal Freeway to I-635 for pavement patching work Thursday evening. Work was to be completed by 6 a.m. today but was not finished until after the morning rush hour had subsided. Traffic was reduced to one lane, causing some traffic delays.
KDOT spokeswoman Kimberly Qualls said the roadwork was completed and all lanes reopened as of 9:15 a.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015