Overnight I-70 pavement project completed; eastbound lanes open
An overnight pavement-replacement project that unexpectedly carried into the daylight hours today on Interstate 70 in Wyandotte County is now completed.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said eastbound Interstate 70 was reduced to one lane from the Turner Diagonal Freeway to I-635 for pavement patching work Thursday evening. Work was to be completed by 6 a.m. today but was not finished until after the morning rush hour had subsided. Traffic was reduced to one lane, causing some traffic delays.
KDOT spokeswoman Kimberly Qualls said the roadwork was completed and all lanes reopened as of 9:15 a.m.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- ACLU sues Kansas over citizenship documents for voting
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence