Overnight I-70 pavement project completed; eastbound lanes open
An overnight pavement-replacement project that unexpectedly carried into the daylight hours today on Interstate 70 in Wyandotte County is now completed.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said eastbound Interstate 70 was reduced to one lane from the Turner Diagonal Freeway to I-635 for pavement patching work Thursday evening. Work was to be completed by 6 a.m. today but was not finished until after the morning rush hour had subsided. Traffic was reduced to one lane, causing some traffic delays.
KDOT spokeswoman Kimberly Qualls said the roadwork was completed and all lanes reopened as of 9:15 a.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall