Demolition Derby begins at 7 p.m. Saturday at McLouth Threshing Bee Grounds.
• Jefferson County Historical Society will feature two local artists this weekend at the John Steuart Curry Boyhood Home and Museum in Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa.
Julie Glichmann, Oskaloosa, specializes in equine, landscape and wildlife photography. She has been involved with breeding, training and showing Paso Fino horses. Meet Glichmann and enjoy her showing from 1-4 p.m. Saturday.
Daniel Calderon, Leavenworth, with his easel and palette, will be painting in acrylic. His art features often-forgotten extraordinary beauty that is found in ordinary living. Meet him and view his work from 1:30- 4 p.m. Sunday.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-693
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down 2014 law on property taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- For fourth straight year, school advocates march to Topeka, but stakes are higher than ever
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke