Braves shut out Chieftains in soccer opener
Jose Lopez recorded a hat trick and led the Bonner Springs boys soccer team to a 4-0 victory against Tonganoxie in the Braves' season-opener Tuesday night at David Jaynes Stadium.
Lopez struck twice during a two-minute span early in the first half to give the Braves a commanding lead.
Both goals came on breakaways off of assists from Shawn Jones.
Jones tacked on a goal late in the half of an assist from Derek Rodgers and gave BSHS a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Lopez scored his final goal with 12 minutes left in the game.
Bonner Springs next plays Thursday at Free State. Tonganoxie plays Thursday against Basehor-Linwood.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County