Braves shut out Chieftains in soccer opener
Jose Lopez recorded a hat trick and led the Bonner Springs boys soccer team to a 4-0 victory against Tonganoxie in the Braves' season-opener Tuesday night at David Jaynes Stadium.
Lopez struck twice during a two-minute span early in the first half to give the Braves a commanding lead.
Both goals came on breakaways off of assists from Shawn Jones.
Jones tacked on a goal late in the half of an assist from Derek Rodgers and gave BSHS a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Lopez scored his final goal with 12 minutes left in the game.
Bonner Springs next plays Thursday at Free State. Tonganoxie plays Thursday against Basehor-Linwood.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Farmers eager for drones, but most can't legally fly them
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Mike Vestal
- Wheat harvest tradition returns across Kansas