Historic women portrayals at upcoming TCHS meeting
Three notable women in Leavenworth County will be portrayed during a program for the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 28 at the Tonganoxie Community Historic Site, 201 W. Washington St.
Keyta Kelly will portray Hilda Clark, Laura Elkins will play the part of Carrie Hall and Kathy Peak will portray Mollie Myers.
Clark was an opera prima donna and the first celebrity Coca-Cola model.
Hall was a popular seamstress, fashion designer and business woman from 1890-1940. She also was an author.
Myers was owner of the famous Myers Hotel in Tonganoxie. She owned and operated the restaurant and hotel for nearly 40 years.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?