On the evening of Nov. 20, a large crowd of relatives and friends filled the gymnasium at Pleasant Ridge Elementary School to celebrate Evelyn Schwinn’s 80th birthday. A buffet dinner was served, along with cupcakes for dessert. She has received more than 100 cards. Her large family of 60 members was present. She was grateful for everything.
A nice crowd enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at the Springdale Friends Church on Nov. 21. Pastor Bill Gritton’s parents from Texas are here for the holidays.
Greg Gillaspie, Amber and Riley were visiting their grandmother, Evelyn Schwinn, Nov. 22. Peggy Gillaspie was an earlier visitor.
Estal and Judy Knapp, Kirk and Austin Knapp, Debbie and Terry Tindle, Shannon and Ryan Tindle and Loren were Thanksgiving guests of Wayne and Anabel Knapp from Wednesday, Nov. 24 until Friday.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Rough weather hits southwest Kansas, at least 1 tornado