THS musicians to perform at all-district concerts
Tonganoxie students will be performing in honor bands and choirs Saturday.
Tonganoxie High School junior Rachel Sparks made the Northeast Kansas Music Educators Association All-District Choir, while fellow junior Wes Williams made NEKMEA All-District Band as a tuba player. THS freshmen Hannah LaBoyteaux, Rodger Black, Austin Harris and Evan Lott also were selected for the all-district ninth-grade band.
Sparks and Williams auditioned for their selected groups. The freshmen band members made the band by director selection.
Williams will perform at 2 p.m. at Blue Valley High School, while Sparks will perform at 3 p.m. at Shawnee Mission South High School. The ninth-grade concert will start at 1 p.m. at BVHS.
More like this story
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown