Our sympathy goes to the Benson family for the death of Wanda Benson on Tuesday, Nov. 30. She was a dear friend of mine. I worked with her at Colonial Manor in Lansing for 16 years.
Sydney Turner spent Friday night and Saturday with her grandparents, David and Jane Turner. Saturday evening Jane had a birthday dinner for David and other guests were David Jr. and Tracey Turner of McLouth.
On Nov. 30, Rosie and Orville Oelschlaeger met Gary Blanton and Tom Hopp of Highland at KFC in Atchison for lunch.
Saturday Gary Oelschlaeger of Overland Park, Mark Oelschlaeger and John Oelschlaeger of Lawrence visited Orville and Rosie and did a lot of odd jobs for them. They all had lunch together. Sunday after church Orville and Rosie had lunch with Helen McBroom at Perkins.
The Gateway Bell Ringers will perform at Jarbalo United Methodist Church Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. The Glory Generation singers will also perform. There will be treats and everyone is invited to attend.
Mike and Joyce Simmons of Seymour, Mo., stayed with Bid Sheppard on Saturday night.
Eric Barnet had dinner with Thamar Barnett on the evening of Dec. 1. Pam Jones visited Thamar Sunday afternoon.
More like this story
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Kansas lawmaker seeks end of privatized foster care system
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents