Late rally pushes ANHS past MHS boys
The McLouth High boys basketball team couldn’t hold off an Arma-Northeast second-half rally Tuesday at the Marmaton Valley Tournament in Moran.
The Bulldogs led by five entering the fourth quarter of their season opener but lost, 37-33, to the Vikings, who outscored them 13-4 in the final period.
MHS (0-1) opened the game with a 14-2 advantage in the first quarter and led 20-8 at the half before Northeast started chipping away at the lead in the third quarter.
Fouls were problematic for McLouth, whose players were whistled 21 times while NAHS was only penalized eight times. That led to a huge advantage for the Vikings at the free-throw line, where they went 13-for-27. The Bulldogs, meanwhile, didn’t even get an attempt.
Junior forward Alen Kramer led MHS with 14 points. Junior forward Gavin Swearngin added six and Zac Bair scored four.
McLouth will return to Moran for a 5:30 p.m. Thursday game against Oswego.
More like this story
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Moratorium continues for certain land south of Tonganoxie
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern