McLouth girls fall in tourney opener
The McLouth High girls basketball team opened its season with a loss Tuesday at the Marmaton Valley Tournament in Moran.
The Bulldogs fell behind early and couldn’t catch Arma-Northeast in a 42-31 loss.
MHS only scored six first-half points and trailed by 10 at the half before finding more offense in the second half.
While Northeast (2-0) only had two more field goals than McLouth, the difference in the game came at the free-throw line, where the Vikings went 14-for-18 and MHS was 7-for-12. ANHS also hit two three-pointers, while the Bulldogs had none.
Junior guard Terri Stewart led McLouth (0-1) with 16 points. Taylor Pope scored five and Jessie Troupe had four.
The Bulldogs return to Moran on Thursday for their next game in the tournament, a 4 p.m. matchup with Oswego.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings