Thanksgiving day guests of Bob and Alfreda Ryan were Kathel and Mike Dungan, of Edgewood, Texas; Mike and Shawlyn Dungan and Ryan's great-granddaughter, Irelyn, of Carterville, Ill.; Susan Womack and Derek Ong, Ozawkie; Shanna Carmichael and Justin Koerner, and children, Jacie and Scottie, of Lawrence; Sascha Smith and her daughters, Sophia and Mia, of Effingham; Anah, Dwayne, and Sarajo Mance; Brandon, Bridget, and children, Lauren and Brent Mance; Megan and Jeremy Lorenzo, all of Leavenworth; and Viola Edmonds, McLouth.
• A "Ladies Night Out Bunco Tournament" sponsored by McLouth Parent Teachers Organization (PTO) will run from 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Saturday in the school cafeteria.
All ladies are welcome for this evening of fun. There is a $10 entry fee. All proceeds will help fund the McLouth School Library. There will be great prizes for the winners and a little special something for all attendees. Organizers request that attendees bring appetizers or finger foods to munch on during the tournament. Beverages will be provided.
Babysitting will be provided by eighth-grade girls in order to assist them with the accumulation of their volunteer points. Snacks will be provided for the kids and donations are welcome.
Get your teams together and join for an evening of fun and relaxation that's for a good cause. RSVP via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Santa will be at the holiday Parents as Teachers playgroup from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the McLouth Community Center/Library. Bring your cameras. All families in the community with children under 3 years of age (older siblings included) are invited. "Playgroups" are a good place to learn and practice social skills. They are led by a parent educator and have activities that are age enriching in the areas of language, social-emotional, motor and intellectual development. Playgroups are literacy-based, meaning the theme is based on a children’s book. The activities are for parents and children to enjoy together, as well as with friends from the playgroup.
• McLouth High School National Honor Society will host the Senior Citizens Christmas Luncheon at 11:45 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 16, in the Library Classroom. Please RSVP by calling the high school office and asking for Mrs. Rainey: (913) 796-6122.
More like this story
- Kaw Valley League's future in limbo; Tonganoxie could be headed to Frontier League
- Conference shifting continues for high school leagues
- Chieftain softball lands 2 Tonganoxie players on Lawrence Journal-World All-Area Team
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys take 2nd, girls 3rd at final Kaw Valley League meet
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys nab 2nd, girls 3rd at final KVL meet