LCHS spay/neuter transport Thursday, Friday in Lansing
Leavenworth County Humane Society will offer its next low-cost pet spay/neuter transport Thursday and Friday from the 4-H Building, 101 4-H Road in Lansing.
This LCHS program partnership with No More Homeless Pets, Kansas City is open to all Leavenworth County and Fort Leavenworth residents. More than 400 pets have been served on these transports in the past 17 months, resulting in some 2,400 fewer puppies and kittens needing homes.
Cats must weigh 3 pounds to participate (about 16 weeks); dogs must be at least 14 weeks of age. Feral (barn) cats are welcome also.
Feral package includes spay/neuter, vaccinations, parasite treatment and an ear-tip to identify the cat as sterilized. Traps are available for loan.
Pet cat (indoor/outdoor or indoor) package (spay/neuter and vaccinations) starts at $55. Package price for dogs is based on weight, starting at $82.
Additional services are available (microchip, nail trim, de-worm, etc.) for a small additional fee. E-mail LvnCoHS@live.com for details and to register, or register on the web at lchsinc.org. Those without Internet access may call (913) 728-2881 and leave a message.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie celebrates new Good Shepherd building
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Face to Face: Grandpa's Burger Box's Kristin Conley
- Mirror recieves Kansas Press Association awards for its 2014 work