McLouth boys win at Marmaton Valley tourney
With strong second-half defense, the McLouth High boys basketball team got in the win column for the first time this season on Thursday at the Marmaton Valley Tournament in Moran.
The Bulldogs held Oswego to 13 second-half points and picked up a 44-37 victory.
MHS (1-1) trailed by three after the first quarter but a productive 17-point second quarter helped McLouth tie the game at the half.
The Bulldogs pulled away by limiting OHS to five points in the third quarter and eight in the fourth.
McLouth junior forwards Alen Kramer and Gavin Swerngin led the team with 13 points apiece in the victory. The Bulldogs also got six points from Calvin Booth and four points each from Dakota Cop, Shawn Dailey and Marc Walbridge.
Through two days at the Marmaton Valley Tournament, the standings among the boys teams are all tied up with each squad sitting at 1-1 entering the third and final day.
MHS finishes up at 8:30 p.m. Friday by playing host MVHS.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court may review case dealing with its power
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Kansas AG obtains order to protect funding for state courts
- Kansas court speeds handling of lawsuit over abortion law
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy