University of Saint Mary to have its Christmas choral vespers concert Sunday
The University of Saint Mary once again will ring in the Christmas season with the glorious Christmas Choral Vespers Concert at 7 p.m. Sunday in Annunciation Chapel in Leavenworth.
The event is free and open to the public. The chapel chapel is on the USM campus, 4100 South Fourth St.
The Christmas Choral Vespers is a USM tradition dating back more than 30 years. The event will feature the University of Saint Mary Concert Chorale, under the direction of William Krusemark, chair of USM’s fine arts department, and accompanied by USM assistant music professor Freda Proctor on organ and Tabitha Reist-Steiner on harp.
The featured work of the evening will be Vaughan-Williams’ “Fantasia on Christmas Carols” with mezzo-soprano and USM student Jenna Schwinn of Leavenworth as soloist. Other works will include the iconic “Ukranian Bell Carol.”
“With a presentation of German, American, Spanish, and British carols, we try to present a mix of familiar and unfamiliar music at Vespers,” Dr. Krusemark said. “And we close each show with a rendition of ‘Silent Night,’ with the audience encouraged to join in.”
Contact Krusemark at (913) 682-5151, ext. 6460, for more information on Choral Vespers.
More like this story
- Board approves sale of former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school
- Outgoing Tonganoxie superintendent to take administrative position in Topeka
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events