MHS girls defeat Marmaton Valley
With a double-digit victory over the host team Friday, the McLouth High girls basketball team earned its first victory of the season and a third-place finish at the Marmaton Valley Tournament in Moran.
The Bulldogs got out to an early lead and put away Marmaton Valley in the fourth quarter to a earn a 48-32 win.
MHS (1-2) led12-3 at the end of the first quarter and though its lead remained at nine points through three quarters, McLouth outscored the home squad, 16-9, in the fourth quarter.
Inside and outside scoring helped the Bulldogs get their first victory as junior guard Terri Stewart and sophomore post Kaitlyn Hullinger each scored 13 points.
They also got a boost from senior Jessie Troupe's eight points and freshman Kayla Steffey's seven.
Oswego finished first in the four-team tournament with a 3-0 mark. Arma-Northeast went
2-1 to finish second. MVHS was 0-3 and placed fourth.
McLouth will play its first home game of the season at 6 p.m. Tuesday, when it plays host to Jefferson County North.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City