10 local athletes listed on LJW All-Area teams
Tonganoxie’s O’Hagan named volleyball player of the year
Three Tonganoxie High athletes were selected for the Lawrence Journal-World’s All-Area fall sports teams and seven other local athletes received honorable mention.
THS senior Molly O’Hagan garnered the top honor among local athletes, receiving the LJW All-Area volleyball player of the year award.
O'Hagan, who signed a Div. I scholarship to play next year at Cal State University-Bakersfield, had 422 kills, 155 blocks, 377 digs and 26 aces for the Chieftains, who went 30-11 this fall. O'Hagan was just named to the Class 4A all-state second team by the Kansas Volleyball Association and is a three-time All-Kaw Valley League first-team selection.
Tonganoxie senior Danielle Miller also received first-team honors in volleyball. The other THS athlete to get a first-team nod was junior Marcus Titterington, a defender on the boys soccer team.
The Chieftains soccer squad also had two players — Tyler Bartholomew and Matt Briggs — get all-area honorable mention.
Other local athletes receiving honorable mention were McLouth’s Shane Cassatt (football) and Tonganoxie athletes Caleb Himpel (cross country), Shawn Marin (football), Patrick Rachford (cross country) and Jenny Whitledge (volleyball).
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures