Knights of Columbus to have free throw contest Jan. 15
All boys and girls ages 10 to 14 are invited to participate in the local level of competition for the 2011 Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship.
The local competition will be at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 15 for girls and 12:30 p.m. for boys at the Tonganoxie Middle School Gymnasium. Registration for each begins 30 minutes before the start of the contest.
The Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship is sponsored annually, with winners progressing through local, district, regional, and state competitions. International champions are announced by the K of C International headquarters based on scores from the state-level competitions.
All boys and girls 10 to 14 years old are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age divisions. Last year more than 200,000 participated in more than 3,000 local competitions.
All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. For entry forms or additional information, contact Mark Zerrer at (913) 845-2900.
The Knights of Columbus is an international Catholic family fraternal service organization with nearly 1.7 million members in over 12,500 local councils.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- Dedication, open house Saturday at new Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers