Rep. O’Brien named vice-chair of House Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee
Kansas House Speaker Mike O’Neal, R-Hutchinson, has named Rep. Connie O’Brien, R-Tonganoxie, vice-chair of the House Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee.
O’Brien is beginning her second term in the House and has previously served as a member of the Energy and Utilities, Federal and State Affairs, Elections and Aging and Long Term Care committees.
“As a military mother, Rep. O’Brien understands the service and sacrifice contributed everyday by the members of our armed forces,” O’Neal said. “I am confident her unique perspective will bring a personal emphasis to the issues before this committee.”
The House Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee is composed of 13 members and is responsible for state policy relating to the military and homeland security.
“I am honored by the Speaker’s appointment, and I look forward to serving Kansans in this new capacity,” O’Brien said.
The House Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 a.m. at Room 546-S in the Capitol.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie St. Patrick's Day Parade to have different start time this year
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Area communities offering wide array of holiday activities
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays