Leavenworth police investigating shooting of 17-year-old Coffeyville resident
Leavenworth police officers are investigating a Tuesday night shooting that injured a 17-year-old boy in the 500 block of Chestnut Street.
At about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, someone fired about 10 rounds into an apartment window while six people were inside, ranging in age from 12 to 21 years old, Leavenworth Police Maj. Robert Smith said.
A 17-year-old Coffeyville resident was shot three times, and was transported to a Kansas City area hospital, where he is in stable condition, and his injuries are not considered life-threatening, Smith said. No one else was injured, and police are still looking for possible suspects or motives in the crime.
The window to the apartment was covered, so police don't believe the shooter or shooters had a specific target in mind, Smith said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- Suspect identified in case involving threatening message at Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Man to be sentenced in suicide bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Philling in for a legend in Tonganoxie
- Taking the stage: Tonganoxie band SnakeDog to perform Friday