McLouth squads split with PRHS
The McLouth High girls basketball team won its third game in a row Tuesday night.
The Bulldogs trailed by seven after three quarters but rallied for a 47-41 home win against Pleasant Ridge.
MHS (9-5) dominated the fourth quarter, outscoring PRHS 18-5.
McLouth seniors Missy Rome and Kylie Shufflebarger led the team with 16 points apiece.
Fellow senior Cassidy Bristol scored seven.
MHS boys suffer 1-point loss
The McLouth boys came painfully close to picking up their fourth win of the season Tuesday, but fell 55-54 to Pleasant Ridge.
A two-point first quarter came back to haunt the Bulldogs (3-11). Even though they outscored PRHS in the second and third quarters and both teams scored 12 in the fourth, the early deficit was the difference.
Senior MHS guard Cole Batman scored a game-high 25 points, powered by five three-pointers.
Alen Kramer and Trevor Roberts scored nine points apiece and Shawn Dailey chipped in eight.
McLouth’s basketball teams play host to Valley Falls on Friday night, beginning at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Tonganoxie City Council approves update to Unilock contract
- Genesis Christian Academy, Tonganoxie Recreation Commission receive Lawrence Memorial Hospital grants
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital accepting grant applications for local wellness projects
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015