Dohle receives accolades at University of Pittsburgh
Thomas Dohle Jr. received the designation of Dean's Star from the school of arts and sciences at the University of Pittsburgh.
Undergraduates who complete a term with a minimum of 12 credits and a term grade-point average of 4.0 receive a Dean’s Stars gift award of $50 along with the designation.
Dohle is also serving as an undergraduate teaching assistant to a chemistry professor during the spring 2010 term. Dohle is a May 2009 graduate of THS. He was awarded a full academic scholarship to the Honors College at the University of Pittsburgh amounting to $125,000. His undergraduate majors are biochemistry and urban studies. He plans to continue his education and attend medical school to become a surgical oncologist.
Dohle is the son of Tom and April Dohle, Tonganoxie, and the grandson of Wauneta Dohle, Oskaloosa, and Tom and Jamye Dutton, Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County