Fast start lifts THS boys past BSHS
A first-quarter offensive explosion sparked the Tonganoxie boys to an 83-69 victory Tuesday at Bonner Springs.
The Chieftains caught fire from the opening tip and were nearly flawless from the offensive end. They poured in 29 first-quarter points and claimed a quick 14-point lead.
Bonner Springs heated up in the second quarter with a 26-point outburst of its own and drew within 46-41 at halftime.
THS was gradually extended its lead again throughout the second half and claimed victory.
Keaton Schaffer and Dane Erickson made for a lethal 1-2 punch for Tonganoxie. Schaffer poured in 29 points and Erickson added 25. The Chieftains were balanced, however. Jeremy Carlisle added 13 points and Justin Jacobs chipped in 12.
Brett Steuart led Bonner Springs with 18 points, Juan Pichardo had 13, and J.J. Jackson and Stevie Williams had 10 apiece.
TONGANOXIE BOYS 83, BONNER SPRINGS 69
THS 29 17 18 19 — 83
BSHS 15 26 14 14 — 69
THS: Keaton Schaffer 28, Dane Erickson 25, Jeremy Carlisle 13, Justin Jacobs 12, Austin Vickers 3, Dylan Scates 2.
BSHS: Brett Steuart 18, Juan Pichardo 13, J.J. Jackson 10, Stevie Williams 10, B.J. Watson 9, Austin Laing 5, Wole Imokhome 2, Jourdaine Smallwood 2.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers