TCHS soup feed is Thursday at Methodist church
The annual Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup meal will take place from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday at the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church, 328 E. Fourth St.
Along with soup, pies and relish also will be served. Proceeds will go toward TCHS.
Some years ago the historical society was given an old dairy barn and since has added the Reno Methodist Church and Honey Valley School. The school is used by schoolchildren for field trips so they can have the experience of a one-room school.
The church is used by two local groups for worship, one on Saturdays and one on Sundays. It also is used for occasional funerals and weddings.
The Fellowship Hall is used for meetings, small parties, bridal and baby showers and TCHS meetings monthly. The barn is home to many artifacts given by past and present Tonganoxie patrons. The hay barn portion is used for wedding receptions, larger parties and meetings. Both the church and barn have complete kitchens and restroom facilities.
Buildings on the TCHS campus are funded in various ways: operating the concession stand at local ball fields, labeling for a union and the chili and soup supper.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society to have soup feed Thursday at Methodist church
- Historical Society having soup, chili feed at UMC
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society to have soup feed Feb. 16 downtown
- Historical society having soup, chili feed Thursday
- Soup Supper set for Friday at Methodist church