THS thespians to stage “You Can’t Take It With You”
The stage at Tonganoxie High School will play host to a production of “You Can’t Take It With You,” a 1930s play written by Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman.
The show follows the lives of the eccentric Vanderhof family, paying close attention to its most normal member, Alice, and her quest to find love.
Looked to as the basis of most modern sitcoms, “You Can’t Take It With You” is a hilarious and thought-provoking piece of classic American theater.
Show times will be 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $3 at the door.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Return of Mr. Van's band in Tonganoxie for summer celebration
- Tonganoxie Community Band to have practices next 2 weeks