THS thespians to stage “You Can’t Take It With You”
The stage at Tonganoxie High School will play host to a production of “You Can’t Take It With You,” a 1930s play written by Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman.
The show follows the lives of the eccentric Vanderhof family, paying close attention to its most normal member, Alice, and her quest to find love.
Looked to as the basis of most modern sitcoms, “You Can’t Take It With You” is a hilarious and thought-provoking piece of classic American theater.
Show times will be 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $3 at the door.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Newer venues to get your KC music fix