Jenkins seeks entries for congressional art competition
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins is accepting entries for the 2010 Congressional Art Competition from all high school students in the 2nd District.
The winning entry in the competition will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year.
“I look forward to seeing our talented students’ artwork, and I hope many participate in this year’s competition,” Jenkins said in a news release.
Deadline for submitting artwork is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 16. All submissions must be received at Jenkins’ office at 3550 SW Fifth St., Topeka, KS 66606. The winning entry will be announced at a reception on Saturday, May 1, at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.
For more information, call Jenkins’ Topeka office, (785) 234- 5966, or visit her Web site, lynnjenkins.house.gov.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row