Jenkins seeks entries for congressional art competition
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins is accepting entries for the 2010 Congressional Art Competition from all high school students in the 2nd District.
The winning entry in the competition will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year.
“I look forward to seeing our talented students’ artwork, and I hope many participate in this year’s competition,” Jenkins said in a news release.
Deadline for submitting artwork is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 16. All submissions must be received at Jenkins’ office at 3550 SW Fifth St., Topeka, KS 66606. The winning entry will be announced at a reception on Saturday, May 1, at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.
For more information, call Jenkins’ Topeka office, (785) 234- 5966, or visit her Web site, lynnjenkins.house.gov.
More like this story
- Hats off to you, Tonganoxie and McLouth graduates
- THS FCCLA members organize mock accident to bring safety awareness to Tonganoxie
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development celebrates Class of 2017
- Tonganoxie High School medals four teams at two-speaker state debate
- Tonganoxie bids farewell to Class of 2016 with Saturday graduation