McLouth teams fall to KCC
The McLouth High girls basketball team lost its second straight game on Friday night.
The Bulldogs had two single-digit quarters and fell to visiting Kansas City Christian, 51-35.
Although MHS (10-7) scored 10 points in the second quarter and 14 in the third, it started with a five-point first quarter and finished with a six-point fourth.
Senior Kylie Shufflebarger led her team with 19 points.
Only three other McLouth players scored: Missy Rome had eight, Morgan Drinnon finished with six and Cassidy Bristol had two.
MHS lost earlier in the week at Troy, 42-32.
The Bulldogs travel to Horton for a 6 p.m. tip on Tuesday.
MHS boys drop 4th straight
McLouth’s boys team also lost Friday to Kansas City Christian.
The Bulldogs were outscored in every quarter and lost, 61-38.
Only senior guard Cole Batman, who scored 10 points, finished in double figures.
However, seven others at least got in the scorebook: Trevor Roberts led that group with nine, Marc Walbridge finished with eight, Gavin Swearngin scored five, Tyler Drinnon and Dakota Cop each had two and Shawn Dailey and Calvin Booth chipped in one apiece.
Following a 52-48 loss at Troy Feb. 9, Friday’s setback marked the fourth consecutive loss for MHS (3-14).
McLouth plays Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Horton.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?