Our condolences go to Kevin and Sandy Butler for the death of Kevin’s father, Kenneth Butler, on Jan. 6. Kevin and Sandy own the school buildings and live in the grade school.
Jarbalo United Methodist Women met Feb. 10 at the church for their regular monthly meeting. Seven members answered roll call and reported 50 care calls.
The group planned for the pancake supper, which will be March 12 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
It was decided to contribute some money to Brenda Davis for her continuing schooling. She will graduate from seminary in December.
Next month, world banks will be given to the members to save money in and turn them back in at the April meeting.
Marilyn Oxley had the program and read some articles. She also was hostess and served ice cream and cookies.
Those attending were Marilyn, Rosie Oelschlaeger, Bid Sheppard, Pastor Larry Grove, Faye Cleavinger and Thamar Barnett.
Thamar Barnett visited her sister, Beth Smith, at Twin Oaks Assisted Living Center Friday afternoon. She joined in the Valentine’s Day party that was in progress. Beth and Thamar toasted their father, Ernest Rose, who was born Feb. 12, 1888.
Sydney Turner spent Sunday night with Grandma and Grandpa, Jane and David Turner.
Don’t forget Bid Sheppard’s 98th birthday anniversary card shower on Feb. 23.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal