Returning Haiti volunteers to speak on Ash Wednesday
The community is invited to hear Joe and Rev. Shirley Edgerton at today’s 7 p.m. Ash Wednesday service at Tonganoxie United Methodist Church, 328 E. Fourth St. in Tonganoxie.
The Edgertons, who recently were featured in the Lawrence Journal-World, have just returned from Haiti and are long-term volunteers for the General Board of Global Ministries.
Health kits will be collected to donate for Haitian relief. All items must be new and packaged in a one gallon plastic zip lock bag, and should include one hand towel, one wash cloth, one large comb, one single package toothbrush, one tube of toothpaste, six adhesive bandages, one nail clipper, a bar of soap and $2 for shipping and handling.
More like this story
- Kansas State University students graduate with honors
- Tonganoxie swimmer places at Sunflower State Games
- Tonganoxie High has 6 all-league selections
- Tonganoxie High girls, boys players make all-KVL teams
- McLouth basketball player named to all-Northeast Kansas League team; THS representatives on all-Journal-World list