Republican town hall meeting set for Monday
The Leavenworth County Republican Party Central Committee will play host to a town hall meeting 7-9 p.m. Monday at the Lansing Community Center in Lansing, 800 First St. Terr.
There will be several speakers at the meeting:
• Dr. Richard B. Warner from Overland Park will be the featured speaker. He will discuss the Health Care Freedom Amendment, which currently is being debated in Topeka (This amendment to the Kansas State Constitution is designed to exempt Kansas residents from Mandatory Health care dictated by the federal government).
• State Rep. Mike O’Neal, speaker of the Kansas House of Representatives will address key issues being debated in the current session.
• U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, 2nd Dist., will address campaign issues affecting her upcoming re-election to the Congress and will also answer any questions on national issues.
• David Powell, candidate for Kansas insurance commissioner, will discuss his candidacy for the 2010 race against his opponent and fellow Republican Sandy Praeger in the primary race.
Starting at 6:30 p.m., the Republican Women’s Organization will be providing tacos and chili for a small donation.
For additional information call John Bradford, JBradford@kc.rr.com (913) 683-0871, or visit our web site at www.LvnCountyGOP.com.
More like this story
- Majority of Kansas precinct seats empty for both parties
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race
- Longtime Leavenworth County employee seeks commission seat in crowded Third District primary race
- Incumbent Bixby hopes for another term as crowded primary looms Tuesday
- Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season