Because of the snow and cold weather, there hasn’t been much going on, so I’m going to write something I have wanted to write for quite some time.
For many years in the Remember When column, there were news items from many areas and the names of some places that have now disappeared.
Some columns were from as far north as Easton and the prison (I suppose it was the federal prison at Leavenworth).
Some places were where trains went through. I collected the names of some of the titles and I think they are very interesting.
Here is the list: Ackerland Actions, Basehor Babble, Boling Blasts, Dafer Doings, Easton Ethics, Fairmount Features, Glenwood Gleanings, High Prairie Prattle, Hoge Happenings, Jarbalo Jottings, Jewett Jewels, Linwood Lines, Local Laconics, Mt. Olivet Musings, Neely Narratives, Pony Creek Palwyer (I don’t know what that word means), Prison Points, Springdale Scenes, Stanwood Strays, Stranger Valley Echoes, Summit Sunbeams and Wallula Warbles.
Not very long ago as I typed my news I looked up and I had written Jarbalo Joltings. We haven’t had very many of those and if we did I chose not to write about them!
I wish to thank whoever came in and bladed snow off my driveway.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie senior earns K-State's Putnam Scholarship
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Kansas to get grant to defray advanced placement exam costs
- Goddard high school wins ecology award