Transfer station to be closed Friday for equipment repair
The Leavenworth County transfer station, 136th Street and Gilman Road, will be closed on Friday while crews make repairs to some scales on the tipping floor.
County officials said the scales in the pit needed to be repaired to avoid over filling the trucks with waste.
The county hopes to have the transfer station and the recycling center open for its regular hours, 8 a.m.–2 p.m., Saturday.
Officials asked county residents to call the station at (913) 727-2858 on Saturday to make sure the station is open for customers before coming in with waste.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut