Ready to get in shape? An exercise group meets at 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday and Friday at the McLouth Community Center (behind the library). There is no charge. People with all levels of physical fitness are welcome to participate in this one-hour session of walking and moderate exercise (it’s perfectly acceptable to take a “rest” whenever necessary). This is good therapy for cabin fever.
• Everyone is welcome to a community breakfast sponsored by McLouth Church of the Nazarene. Enjoy a hot, fresh breakfast prepared by its Sunday school department at 8:30 a.m. every Sunday. Transportation may be arranged. Call (913) 796-6290 for more information.
•McLouth Friendship Club’s Covered Dish Luncheon will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Community Center. All adults 50 and older are welcome. Please bring a covered dish and your table service. Transportation is available through the Jefferson County Services Organization vehicle (with limited seating) to residents within a 1-mile radius of McLouth. Call Charlotte Robinson to make your reservation for a ride: (913) 796-6798.
• McLouth residents are reminded that general public transportation is available for all persons living in Jefferson County for medical/professional appointments, recreation and shopping. (Fares are by donation.) Call Charlotte Robinson to make a reservation: (913) 796-6798.
• If you would like to deliver Meals on Wheels in McLouth, call Beverly Muzzy: (913) 796-6935 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- A place to call home in Tonganoxie at Cornerstone Family Worship
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Carriage rides, music highlight tree lighting event Saturday
- Tonganoxie church takes another step toward new building
- Area columnists: Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings