These past few weeks of severe winter weather have given us a great opportunity to appreciate others. Most of us have met “strangers” who have helped us, or were in need of a helping hand. Thank you to all who cleaned a neighbor’s driveway, pulled a “stranger” out of a snowdrift, cleared sidewalks, jump-started stranded vehicles with low batteries, the dedicated workers who put in countless hours in the blizzard through long days and nights, sacrificing time with their families on Christmas and through the holiday season to clear our streets, rural roads and highways; all the kind folks who called and visited the shut-ins, and contributed to food pantries. It’s times like these that we connect with our families and neighbors. May God bless everyone who left the comfort of their warm homes and went out of their way to help others.
• McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, call (913) 796-2225.
Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly
More like this story
- Sesquicentennial gets high marks as community celebrates 150 years of Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Driver dies when vehicle hits tree in Lenexa
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer