MHS loses opener of home invite
The McLouth High boys basketball team had three players score in double figures, but lost to Bishop Seabury, 53-50, Tuesday in the first round of the McLouth Invitational.
Gavin Swearngin scored 16, Alen Kramer went for 13 and Trevor Roberts added 11, but it wasn’t enough for the Bulldogs (2-8).
MHS held a six-point lead entering the fourth quarter but Seabury outscored the home team 16-9 in the final eight minutes.
The loss puts McLouth in the consolation bracket of the invitational.
The Bulldogs will face Maranatha Academy on Friday night at 6 p.m.
The two teams played on Jan. 5 and Maranatha was victorious, 47-34.
Score by quarters
Seabury 13 12 12 16 — 53
McLouth 9 14 18 9 — 50
Trevor Roberts 4-10 2-2 11, Cole Batman 2-11 3-4 8, Tyler Drinnon 1-5 0-0 2, Gavin Swearngin 5-7 6-7 16, Alen Kramer 5-6 3-4 13.
McLouth Invitational first-round scores
Jefferson County North 45, Maranatha Academy 42
Cair Paravel 53, Oskaloosa 52 (OT)
Atchison County 64, Valley Falls 49
McLouth vs. Maranatha Academy, 6 p.m. (Purple Gym)
Bishop Seabury vs. Jefferson County North, 6:15 p.m. (Gold Gym)
Oskaloosa vs. Valley Falls, 7:30 p.m. (Purple Gym)
Cair Paravel vs. Atchison County, 7:45 p.m. (Gold Gym)
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go