Accident sends De Soto man to area hospital
A two-vehicle accident that occurred about 11:10 a.m. Monday in Tonganoxie sent a De Soto man to an area hospital.
Daniel R. Reed, 40, Olathe, was driving a 2007 Peterbilt semi truck east on U.S. Highway 24-40 when he made an unsafe lane change, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said. Reed’s vehicle, which was in the inside lane, struck a 1995 Pontiac passenger car driven by James A. Grizzle, 40, De Soto. Grizzle was driving in the eastbound outside lane on the four-lane highway. The impact then pushed Grizzle’s vehicle off the road and into a guardrail, reports said.
He was taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Reed was wearing a seat belt and was not injured. It was unknown whether Grizzle was wearing a seat belt, reports said.
The accident occurred near First Street on U.S. 24-40 in Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas officials await word on this month's tax collections
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities