Bulldogs finish 8th at McLouth Invitational
With a loss to rival Oskaloosa in the McLouth Invitational seventh-place game on Saturday, the Bulldogs boys basketball team finished 0-3 at its home tournament.
McLouth High fell, 41-35, despite double-digit scoring from two of its players.
Junior Trevor Roberts and sophomore Gavin Swearngin scored 10 points apiece for MHS (2-10).
Alen Kramer scored seven points.
Oskaloosa outscored McLouth from the free-throw line and long distance. While the Bulldogs didn’t score from behind the three-point line and converted just three free throws, the Bears hit three treys and made 10 freebies.
McLouth is off until Friday at 7:30 p.m., when the team plays host to Kansas City East Christian.
McLouth Invitational Saturday results
Championship — Atchison County 71, Jefferson County North 38
Third place — Bishop Seabury 61, Cair Paravel 46
Fifth place — Valley Falls 43, Maranatha Academy 31
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action