Tonganoxie takes state title in four-speaker debate
Once again, Tonganoxie High School brought home a Class 4A title from the state debate championships.
The four-speaker debate team of Emily Jefferies, Austin Baragary, Nic Irick and Alex Bartels won the event. THS finished ahead of Fort Scott, which placed second and Haven third.
Alternates on the team were Maggie Derzinski and Ashley Kotowske.
For more about state debate, see Wednesday’s print edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Tyson putting hold on proposed chicken plant plans near Tonganoxie
- Legal fight focuses on western Kansas millionaire's estate
- Chamber dissolves, merges with Tonganoxie Business Association
- Tonganoxie's Johnson headed to Arkansas State for track and field
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.