Narrow loss send MHS to consolatioin semis
The McLouth High girls basketball team lost by one point in the first round of the Jefferson County North tournament on Tuesday.
The Bulldogs fell, 38-37, to Perry-Lecompton.
Offensive struggles early against the Kaws ended up costing MHS (6-5). McLouth scored just four points in the first quarter and nine in the second, setting up a six-point halftime deficit.
Bulldogs coach Bob Good said his team spent the rest of the second half trying to play catch-up. McLouth got within a point of PLHS on several occasions but never took the lead.
Senior Kylie Shufflebarger led MHS with 12 points, six rebounds and three assists.
Missy Rome was held to eight points and finished with four boards and three assists.
McLouth will play Maranatha Academy in the consolation bracket on Friday.
Other first-round winners at the JCN tourney were Atchison County, Jefferson County North and Oskaloosa.
Valley Falls plays Atchison in the other consolation game.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday