Lansing snaps Braves’ winning streak
After a nip-and-tuck first quarter between the Lansing Lions and the Bonner Springs Braves, Lansing used a 20-0 run stretching between the second and third quarters to secure a 65-47 victory on Friday night at the Bonner Springs YMCA.
The run was fueled by a 1-3-1 zone defense that the Braves were either too impatient against or simply could not crack.
Lansing senior captain Brian Beall scored 20 points to lead all scorers. Bonner got 18 from junior guard Juan Pichardo—including back-to-back 3-point baskets in the fourth quarter that cut Lansing’s lead to 10 points, 51-41. However, Lansing knocked in 11 free throws to close the game on a 14-6 run.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Kansas high school student told Confederate flag not allowed at school
- Kansas gay rights bill sparks debate in legislative committee
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Judge throws out Kansas man's murder conviction