West Haven raising funds of African HIV/AIDS patient supplies
West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie is partnering with Baptist Global Response in Nashville, Tenn., and Blue Valley Baptist Church in Shawnee to provide “Buckets Of Hope.” Each bucket is a compilation of medical and hygiene supplies for HIV/AIDS patients in South Africa. These buckets will ease the suffering of those with the illness.
The BGR goal this year is 5,000 buckets. West Haven’s goal is 60 buckets. Each bucket costs about $100 when filled. We would like to make this information available to the public. The church can only take financial gifts toward this project. The items that fill each bucket must be very specific, so organizers will take the money and purchase the items and assemble them. Anyone wishing to help can send a check made payable to West Haven, 1000 West St., Tonganoxie 66086. It also should be clearly marked with “Buckets Of Hope.” A receipt will be sent out for the contribution. Donations are being taken through Aug. 1.
For more information, go to baptistglobalresponse.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City reaches deal to create 'Smart City' network
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- Troublesome zebra mussels found in Wellington lake
- Work begins on Tonganoxie's Gallagher Park
- Basehor man, great-grandson of Eisenhower, named Kansas' newest aviation director